Pages

Thursday, 29 August 2013

Work, work and a night off, yay!

I would just like to begin this post by telling you that I am still the reining bowling and basketball champion. Anthony and I went bowling this afternoon and I not only doubled his score in the first round but I managed to have the highest score at the end of the three games after performing badly in the last two. I also managed to beat him at the mini basketball hoops in the arcade. I was 30 points down 20 seconds before our time ran out and yet by the time we stopped I had won by 10 points! 40 points in 20 seconds, that's champion material, right? ;)

In case you were wondering, I survived last night's shift. I was even planning on writing a post all about how the shift was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. I was on a different area than I thought I was going to be, it wasn't that busy and the people I was working with were really fun. It was turning out to be a very good Wednesday night shift.

Of course, that all changed. It started with a man shouting at one of my colleagues because his daughter had failed to bring ID to a 15 film and was refused entry. That was followed with a woman running out of a screen, throwing up all over the floor and then telling us she had thrown up in the screen as well. (She was really apologetic but my phobia of sick rendered me useless for 15 minutes). I was asked to cover Ben and Jerry's while two of my colleagues cleaned the sick and what followed was the worst ice cream sundae anyone has ever made, ever. It took me so long to find someone to help me figure out the whipped cream that the guys sundae had melted and I had to make him a new one. It didn't help that I had no time to calm down from the stress of that experience because the world and his wife decided that was a good time to turn up to the cinema.

Stressful, right? Thankfully it was all made easier by the knowledge that I had been told I could finish 2 hours early. We were having an advance staff showing of the One Direction movie and when I mentioned I had wanted to take my sister to see it, my supervisor's were lovely enough to give me the chance to. She really enjoyed the film (so did I actually!) and I was so glad I had the chance to take her to see it a day early. The award for the best sister is coming my way, I know it.

Thankfully I have a day off today and only 3 more shifts before next Friday. I'm going to spend the rest of this evening in bed, watching my box set of Bones and working on a few blog posts. I still need to finish telling you all about my family holiday and I have a couple of posts planned that I'm really excited about. I'm trying to get in to the habit of regular (ish) posting so that by the time I go to University and lose all of the free time I have now (to drinking and University work) I will still be posting here. I'm not sure how well it's going to go but it's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment