Pages

Thursday, 1 August 2013

Memphis 2011

Carrying on from my top ten photos from Florida, this post has my ten favourite photos from Memphis.

We flew from Orlando to spend a couple of days in Memphis. We were there to visit Graceland, to participate in the candlelit vigil and we spent some time looking around the city. We also ate some of the best burgers I have ever had in a restaurant that encouraged people to shoot cocktail sticks at the ceiling with a straw. If that's not awesome, I don't know what is. 


1. My Dad had his t-shirt made in a spray-paint-clothes stall while we were in Orlando. 

2. I loved seeing all the horse drawn carriages that lined the streets. We ended up going on a nighttime tour of the city in one and it was amazing. 

3. Elvis Presley's grave.

4. The first time I'd ever seen one of these and I thought it was so cool!

5. I grew up listening to Elvis Presley thanks to my Dad and being able to visit Graceland with him was unbelievably special to me. 

6. We went on a boat tour down the Mississippi and learnt about the history of Memphis, the surrounding areas and the river. It was also a very welcome break from the heat. 

7. Mum was surprisingly good at shooting the cocktail sticks at the ceiling. She wasn't perfect though and when her stick began falling back down with a few other sticks it had knocked out, I attempted to get her photo on camera. 

8. I was awful at it. Not as bad as Lottie was (she shot hers horizontally and only just missed the family behind me - even though she was aiming for the ceiling) but I still sucked. 

9. We were asked to be full-time models for the store but we had to decline. 

10. Our trip to Memphis coincided with the 34th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. We were a small part of the 15,000 other Elvis fans that attended and we walked through the grounds and past his grave with candles lit and heads bowed. We were also doing it in honour of my Dad's Uncle Tom who had passed away the September before. Our t-shirts had Uncle Tom's photo on the front and a heartwarming story on the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment