I am rubbish with money. Ask any of my friends or family and they will tell you that me + money never equals a good thing. I'm one of those people who impulse buys just because I can and I am definitely the person those stupid things by the till are for. I just can't help love anything tacky or useless and if I've got the money to buy it, I'm screwed.
This wasn't so much of a problem when I was living at home, had everything paid for and was only using my wages as "extra" money so that I could go out etc. Now that I live away from home 9 months of the year and have to pay things like rent and electricity bills, saving money and budgeting properly has become important.
I chose August as the month to sort out my money because I think it's the best time I've got. I've just come back from a holiday with Anthony (a lot of money will have been spent) and I've got another week away with my family. Holiday spending will have battered my bank account.
I'm going back to University in September and even though 2nd year means I'll have to stop going out 3+ times a week, I'll still have nights out, food, bills and rent to pay for. The more time I have to save and prepare for this, the better. By starting now, I have the whole of August and half of September. If I can work out a budget now, I've got plenty of time to get used to it and earn enough to have "safety money".
I hope I do well with this goal, especially as it's a habit I would very much like to keep. I have a feeling my bank balance will thank me!
--------------------
Review: July's Goal
I will be honest, I found this one hard. Very very hard. It isn't until you actively try and stop being distracted that you notice just how many distractions there are. The constant presence of them.
I didn't do as well as I wanted to but I made a start and that's better than nothing. The idea is there and the habit is forming which is great. Hopefully I'll become more and more present and focused.
Friday, 2 August 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment