Why did I get up in the middle of the night you might ask? Well, my wonderful place of work decided that a 9am meeting on a Sunday was actually a good idea. I'd just like to say that it isn't a good idea and I don't trust the people who were in that meeting and didn't look like they were about to fall asleep.
It's the ultimate dilemma for me. I want to be a morning person but I don't like early mornings. A battle that I insist on fighting but I doubt I'll ever win. Especially when a 10am wake up is what I actually consider getting up early.... (waking up before that is reserved for flights or things I have to attend....like silly timed meetings).
Only two noteworthy things have happened since I arrive home from holiday (other than being back in my own bed again!) The first was that I managed to successfully make my own Passata yesterday! I took a recipe and played around with it and it's the first time I've successfully done so. I'm so proud of the results, I can't wait to make my Mum some later on this week!
I called the second thing that has happened noteworthy simply because it sounds lsightly better than "heart shattering moment that solidified my hatred of technology". It's also easier to say (but the second name is a lot more accurate). See what happened was, last night I uploaded my 500+ photos from my holiday on to my laptop. Once the photos were on my iPhoto, I deleted them off my memory stick and started to sort through them. Suddenly, iPhoto closed. I wasn't too worried since it's happened before but when I opened it back up, I think my heart stopped when all 5 albums I had sorted the photos in to were empty.
I had just lost all 500+ photos I had taken while on holiday.
Every.
Single.
One.
I didn't know what to do. I checked my photo stream and drop box but they hadn't uploaded to them. I double checked the memory card to make sure they hadn't somehow resaved on there (or that I hadn't just imagined deleting them off there). I even tried downloading a card programme that could restore photos but to no avail. They really were gone.
I was devastated. I love photographs and losing all of these made me want to throw my MacBook out of the window. I texted Anthony in a panic, getting cross when I shouldn't have because I was so worked up. He replied by sending me a link to an article he'd found. I followed the instructions and boom. All my photos were back!
Seriously guys, if you don't have an Anthony in your life (or super lovely followers on Tumblr) you should get one/some. I don't know what I'd do without him.
That's all from me for now. I'm going to go back to sorting out my recovered photos (yay!) and probably ignoring all of the serious stuff that needs doing.
Enjoy your Sunday peoples!
P.s. In case you were worried, I did eventually put a film on. I'm going to need a nap after exerting all that effort. Work this evening is going to be a challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment