![]() |
| The first photo I took of my room; Moving in day, Friday 21st September 2012 |
The first thing put together in my room was my fan. That room gets hot when the sun is shining and the windows are closed and it took the whole day for it to cool down properly. It took us about 2 hours to move all of my stuff in from the car. Only having one lift that went up to floor 5 (my floor) definitely didn't help speed up the process. Neither did the fact that we didn't have one of those handy cage things to put all my stuff in, so everything was carried by hand!
| My photo wall. |
![]() |
| The view from my bed; my tv, desk, bookcase, wardrobe, fridge, storage shelves and laundry basket. |
The only way to describe how I felt when I came back to my room later that night was that I felt home. I already felt comfortable and safe in that little space. I'd had such an amazing night with my new flatmates and when I went to bed that night, most of my fears about University had disappeared. I was ready to live in this new place with these new people.
![]() |
| My ensuite. |
It did have it's own moments though. There were the two talks with Samuel that lasted until 4am. The first night when I broke my full length mirror and cursed the entire flat. The salt revision game with McPake. The many sauce explosions. My utterly fantastic shower. Hearing Johnny shouting at his computer games at 2 in the morning (or at other random times throughout the day). The awful time milk leaked on to my carpet and it took me almost two weeks of intense carpet cleaning twice a day to get rid of the god awful smell. There were tons of photos taken in there and even a Taylor Swift party one night. Having McPake as a next door neighbour and developing a "wall code". All of my event t-shirts were cut on the floor of that bedroom.
The times I had Anthony over and he somehow managed to squeeze himself in to my teeny tiny bed. The first time Soph came over the poor girl slept on cushions and blankets (Sorry about that Sophadoph!). I managed to squeeze the spare mattress in to my room for her second visit. This was also where my sister stayed the first time she stayed over and where Natty B slept when I gave up my room to the girls (it was a nightmare to get in to my bathroom when the mattress was there).
There was revision (or a lack of). There were all-nighters filled with textbooks, Wikipedia and so. much. work. There were drunk nights (even some drunk mornings/days) and just as many hungover mornings. I dread to think how much pizza was eaten in there (or overall over the year).
![]() |
| The last photo taken of me in my room (also the last photo taken of my room). My flowers were the last things to be taken out. |
I guess this post is a mix of a goodbye letter and a thank you. A goodbye because yesterday, I handed in the keys to my room and have officially moved out. And a thank you because this room was the beginning of the best year of my entire life. I'm going to miss that room a lot.
![]() |
| Locking the door for the final time. |
Goodbye Preseli 505. I had a blast.










No comments:
Post a Comment