![]() |
| You can't say we're not a pretty group of people. |
After almost 2 months (two months!) of not seeing each other, my University friends and I met up in Swansea on Monday night. I met Anna and her sister (stopping over during their holiday) at Anna's student house just after McPake, Samuel, Ainsley and Benj arrived. Once I'd picked Tom up from the station, we were all back together again (minus Meryn and Rag, boooo).
What followed was a night filled with alcohol, laughter and a lot of happiness because we were all back together again. We encountered an empty Wind Street (thank god that only happens when there's no Uni students around) and someone was even made to leave Yates (ahem, Tom...).
The night ended with the worst sleeping arrangement I think has ever been arranged. There were 6 of us in the living room (me, Tom, McPake, Benj, Ainsley and Samuel) and if you think anyone got more than 4 hours sleep, you clearly do not know us. Between McPake and Benj throwing things at Tom and Benj deciding to sleep in the kitchen (he screamed "No! There's something breaking in! You can't come in, YOU CAN'T COME IN!" when Anna tried to get back in to the house), there was no sleep going on.
I ended up dragging my sleeping bag in to Anna's room in the hopes of having just a little sleep. McPake and Benj also ended up following me, meaning the quiet room was no longer quiet. I must have begun drifting in and out of sleep because the next thing I remember was hearing a knock or something and McPake shouting "We're being burgled!" I obviously wasn't that worried because it wasn't long after that that I fell asleep.
There's no rest for the wicked (or the frustratingly tired either) because we were all up and dressed before half 10 that morning. We had a very quiet morning and driving everyone home that afternoon resulted in the quietest car journey we have ever had. I had forgotten what a Swansea hangover feels like.
Despite how glad I was to be home, in bed, with an appetite (finally!), I was sad to be away from everyone again. I've missed them all so much.
I think my favourite part of the night was when, some time during the predrinking, we all stood up in a circle and made speeches. It was funny, sweet and a little bit corny and you're wrong if you think that isn't a good combination. I can't really describe how great it felt to listen to my friends talk about how much they had missed everyone and how happy they were that we were all back together. It was one of those moments that just makes you realise how incredibly lucky you are to be able to call certain people friends.
I honestly can't wait to be back spending every day with them all in September. It's going to be the best year yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment