Pages

Monday, 26 August 2013

Family Holiday 2013

Four hours after Anthony and I arrived back from Bath, we had suitcases full of newly packed clothes in the back of my Dad's car and we were on our way to Dover. Time for the Winstone Summer Holiday of 2013!

It took us 5 hours to drive down to where we would be staying for the next week. Anyone that knows my sister will know that 5 hours in the back of a car with her was not exactly the most pleasant thing in the world (I mean that in the most loving way possible). She thinks she can sing the Doctor Who theme tune and we had the (dis)pleasure of hearing it all throughout the holiday. It sounds nothing like the Doctor Who theme tune. The closest thing we've found is a French song that Anthony and my Dad know but other than that, she is basically just making noise. Annoying noise.

I can't wait to tell you about a couple of our day trips but until then, I thought I'd share some of my favourite photos from the trip.
This is my Mum stirring tea with a pen...

**Not Pictured**
Family meals sat around the dinner table.
Spending our evenings playing Gin or Monopoly.
Anthony's first experience of a caravan!
The difficulty of finding something to do on a rainy day (or something on a sunny day that wasn't the beach!)
Our trip to the cinema and the torrential rain that preceded it.
The knife my Mum unknowingly carried out of Frankie and Benny's.

No comments:

Post a Comment