I am having the best time at home. We celebrated my Mum's birthday on Sunday and it felt so good to be sat with my family surrounding me, Christmas decorations all around us. Even if the food wasn't what I was expecting (it's always a gamble if I'm going by someone else's recommendation) I had such a lovely time. The day ended back at the same pub, this time in the company of some of my best and oldest friends. I miss these guys so much when I'm in Swansea, especially now that University has spread us all across the country. It's so easy to be with people that have known you since you were 11 years old, even if it does mean that embarrassing stories are a staple part of the conversation and we're constantly being reminded of how old we are (we took our GCSE's 4 years ago! the madness!).
Even when I'm not out having fun/catching up with everyone, it's so nice to just know that I'm not an hour away from everyone anymore and that my Mum and my sister are only a couple of seconds away in a different room of the house. I am just so, so happy to be here. Frank Baum really was right when he wrote "There's no place like home."
There really isn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment