Pages

Thursday, 26 December 2013

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas one and all! I know it's Boxing Day but that still counts as Christmas to us. Our table is still Christmassy and the Boxing Day meal is a pretty major part of our Christmas celebrations. 

We opened all of our presents early Christmas morning and I once again found myself marvelling at just how lucky I am to be able to receive so many wonderful gifts. I think I'll be reading non-stop from now until next Christmas to be able to finish all of the books my parents have given me. I was actually more excited to watch people open my gifts to them than I was to open my own. Watching Mum, Lottie and Dad's faces was so much fun, I'm so glad I managed to find gifts to make them happy! We were somehow ready early and found ourselves on time for the Christmas Chapel service - it was a Christmas miracle! 

The Chapel service was lovely and was made even lovelier because I knew we would be spending the rest of the day at home, something I can't remember doing in years. It was so nice to be able to come home, put on comfy (new!) clothes and know that I could just relax for the rest of the afternoon. Even helping with the Christmas dinner cooking wasn't stressful and added to the day's fun! All the credit goes to my talented Mum who pulled off a delicious Christmas meal. Her table decorations were so pretty as well! 

The rest of our afternoon was spent in the living room, playing Jenga, enjoying our gifts and catching up on some Christmas TV specials. We visited my Dad's brother's family in the afternoon and had a chance to catch up with our cousins. Considering we haven't spent that much time together growing up, it's actually crazy how alike we all are. It's a shame we didn't spend more time together when we were little.

My Christmas Day ended with watching Doctor Who with my Dad (that episode - the feels, all the feels). It's the first time I've ever ended Christmas Day relaxing in my own house and it was so nice to spend it having quality time with Dad. It got surreal when we started debating Christianity while watching the gospel channels but it was sweet nonetheless. 

I hope your Christmas was just as wonderful and filled with love. Happy holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment