Pages

Saturday, 28 December 2013

Christmassy Scenes

Christmas Eve was such a fun day. Anthony came over for a Christmas Eve lunch (thanks to my Mum for making it a deliciously prepared buffet) and we also swapped Christmas presents. It was so much fun watching everyone open their gifts and I was very proud of the fact that Anthony had no idea what any of his presents were this year. I slightly gave one away when I had to ask for his tablet so I could make sure the case I had bought fit it but I still chose it all on my own. That has been unheard of in our relationship before now, such an achievement!

Anthony, Mum and I spent our afternoon playing Cluedo in the living room and apparently miracles do happen because my Mum managed to win, even though Anthony was playing. Anthony's one of the annoying people who always win board games. It's so annoying that my sister has actually banned any mention of Anthony and his previous wins during games that he isn't playing. Who says board games are all fun and games...

We ended the day with our usual Christmas Eve tradition: a party at Aunty Ann's. Although mainly for children, my sister and I have been going to this party for as long as I can remember and I don't think either of us will ever want to stop attending. Pass the parcel, family fortunes, card games and an entire ensemble version of the 12 days of Christmas make this party one of the best parts of Christmas. It was made even better this year by the fact that I didn't have to sit on Santa's lap. I just accepted my present, had a photo and was on my way. Perfect Santa and person-over-14 interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment