Pages

Friday, 6 December 2013

December Excitement!

Yesterday I took a really long way home to cheer myself up after a long practical class. This park on my way to University is probably one of my favourite places in Swansea (other than the beach of course). I've blogged about it here and here and I'm probably going to blog about it countless more times before the end of my degree. That expanse of water just catches my breath in a way I can't quite explain.

There's a sense of things winding down here in Swansea at the moment. Work is winding down to Christmas holidays and our first semester is winding down to too many deadlines and eagerly awaited journey's home. As much as I love being here, I'm finding myself counting down the days until I go home for the Christmas holidays. I'm so excited for real food and warmth and lots of time with my family that it's hard to concentrate on my work.

Thinking about how excited I am to go home made me think about all the things I'm excited for this month:

1. Going home. Obviously.
2. Handing in my last assignment and being free until February! (Not counting exams unfortunately).
3. Finding out what Mum thinks of the birthday presents we've got her!
4. Celebrating Mum's birthday when I'm home.
5. Attending our village's annual Frost Fayre with Anthony and my family the first night I'm home. 
6. The Christmas shopping trip to London with Mum, Lottie and Anthony that we have planned. 
7. Christmas Day at home finally for what feels like the first time in my life. Mum and I are cooking the dinner and I'm so excited I can barely stand the wait! 

Despite knowing a lot of my time will be spent revising, I just know this month is going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment