There are hundreds of reasons why I need to return to London but one of them is to retake the photo of that Winston Churchill statue with me whispering in his ear. I dithered for too long in front of the bench, trying to decide if I wanted a photo or not and when I finally decided that I did, a big group of tourists descended upon it. Their tour guide began her speech as everyone started taking it in turns to have photos on the bench. I may love being a tourist but I'm not a fan of standing around with strangers trying to get a photo so alas, it is the bench that got away. C'est la vie!
I actually have no idea what part of London we were in when I took the photo of those plants. The names of all the many streets were walked along have mixed together so that all I know is I definitely visited Baker Street, Harrods and lots of coffee shops but I have no idea where I was the rest of the time. All I know is that the flash of green and all of the surrounding colours were so welcome in the mass of grey. I may have only been there a day but even that was long enough to make me long for something other than buildings and cars. You can take the girl out of the country...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment