Well, you'd be wrong. Instead of thinking "oh hey, these marks will go towards my final degree classification, maybe I should spend more than a day writing it", I seem to have escalated to a whole new level of procrastination.
I had a 1600 word essay due in by 12pm on Tuesday 5th (yesterday) and instead of doing it ahead of time, I actually went to Amsterdam for the weekend with only 300 words written down (that I didn't even end up using). If that's not completely stupid, I don't know what is.
There's nothing more painful than waking up after a 15 1/2 hour journey by coach to realise you have an entire essay to write. I was up until four am on Tuesday and I submitted my essay 15 minutes before the deadline. I have absolutely no idea why I even thought about doing that. Needless to say, I was very, very glad to crash in bed Tuesday night. First assignment of the year out of the way!
So, other than sabotaging my degree, my return from Amsterdam has brought on a Travel Bug. I don't mean an illness, not like food poisoning or anything. No, I've come back from Amsterdam and I'm filled with a feeling of restlessness. I don't want to be back in Swansea, worrying about assignments. I want to be in Amsterdam or Iceland or Prague. I want to travel and it's very frustrating knowing that I can't. Someone give me loads of money and study for my degree for me? Please and thank you. Ha!
I've eased the restlessness a tiny bit by convincing Anthony, my Mum and my sister to come with me to London for a day of Christmas shopping and sightseeing. I've never seen London at Christmas and I'm so excited, especially to see Harrods.
Seven weeks will go quickly..... right?
No comments:
Post a Comment