Pages

Thursday, 28 November 2013

Along the way

Sometimes you need to take a break on your walk home to admire your surroundings. I walk this route every day on my way to University yet so often my head is bowed down, my focus only on getting to Uni on time (or getting home quickly).

I've been meaning to post these photos for a while. Unfortunately, it's a lot harder to post my phone photos when my laptop is an two hours away being repaired. I can't quite believe how different these places look since I last posted about them (you can see the above tree in the distance in the first photo).

I just couldn't help taking these photos as I walked home a couple of weeks ago. I love Autumn. I love everything about it. The colder nights, the burst of colours, wrapping up warm. I find myself stopping to stare at the trees that surround our little pocket of Swansea. It amazes me to see all the different colours paint the trees.

I find myself repeating my favourite quote about Autumn as I walk home from University now. There's something so true about it, so comforting. That's what Autumn is to me I think. Comforting. It's the loving smile at the end of the year. The last hurrah. A celebration of what's been and an acknowledgement of what's coming. A kind of comforting in-between.

"Autumn, the earth's last, loveliest smile." 
William Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment