Pages

Monday, 18 November 2013

A weekend at home

This weekend was spent at home after a spontaneous decision to catch the train out of Swansea. My poor Mum was so confused when I rang her from the train that she thought I was coming home because of a broken heart. That was her go-to thought. Not that I missed home or wanted good food and warmth (or even to see my family) but that my heart had been broken. Encouraging, right?

I love being home. It's always great to have a break from student life but when that break involves your family, well, there's nothing better. I spent the whole weekend with my family. Friday night involved Chinese from my favourite takeaway (my sister and I demolished this) and a much needed early night. Mum, Lottie and I went shopping in Bristol on Saturday and enjoyed a very delicious lunch in Bella Italia. I've realised that whether or not a restaurant serves dough balls/sticks that can be dipped in garlic butter determines whether or not my sister and I want to eat there... Luckily, Bella Italia serve fantastic dough sticks and that bowl was empty within minutes of it being brought to our table. I also had to leave my laptop in Bristol which was pretty annoying. It didn't embarrass me this time (thankfully) but it has been slightly defeated and needs to have some parts replaced before I can use it again. Totally fine that this happened when I have three deadlines coming up over the next two weeks. Not stressful at all.

We had Sunday lunch at my grandparents on Sunday which is always an eventful experience. If you follow me on Twitter you may have seen the return of my Sunday Lunch Conversations and the quoting of all the wacky things that get said during lunch with my grandparents. Use the hashtag for your own weird family conversations and let me know if you do! I'd love to know my family isn't the only one who's so weird I'll probably need therapy to recover from talking to them... 

Of course my wonderful weekend had to end and I had to come back to Swansea. It's Monday afternoon and I'm already ready to have a day off. 2 lectures, volunteer training and a committee meeting all before 2pm in the afternoon. I'm not used to having so much to do! 

I probably should get back to my work, I'm sat in the library and my notebook is just staring at me. Can notebooks judge you? I think mine is right now... Either way, I should probably get back to work... Speak soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment