Pages

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Remember me?

I have missed blogging. I miss writing and creating. I have so much fun thinking of content for this blog and it's so difficult to have to take a break away from it. That's one of the downsides to being back in University. Between lectures, assignments and the social side of life here, blogging just has to take a back seat. I would much rather assignments were the things that completely disappeared but alas, that will just never happen.

I feel like I should ask you how you've been doing but it's been such a long time since I last posted (we were still experiencing weather that wasn't heavy rain!) I'm not sure you'd have enough time to fill me in. I don't know whether it's because I'm so old now or because I feel like I'm doing so much but time just seems to be running away from me. I can't even attempt to properly catch you up on what has happened recently because I'm not even sure myself...


The last few days have been busy in the best kind of way. I've had my sister stay with me in Swansea and I so loved having her here. She makes me laugh like crazy and she has the best choice in films for movie nights! I will give you one tip (and my only complaint from her visit): do not watch Pitch Perfect with her. You will not be able to hear the film over her singing and no matter how much she assures you she can sign just as well as everyone else, she really really can't. Other than that, I was very sad when she went home earlier this evening. Even if it does mean I won't have to fight her for the quilt anymore..
My beautiful, beautiful sister (who should stop looking so old)

Carrying on the happiness (and adding some excitement in as well), there has been one recent development that's about to cause my life to become pretty great for a few days..

I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow!

The life of a poor student can be quite good, right?! It was a spur of the moment purchase a couple of weeks ago, when McPake and I saw an advert from the University travel shop and had booked our places the next day. We'll be spending two full days in Amsterdam and I can. not. wait. I've wanted to go to Amsterdam since I was 11 years old!

So I'll be setting off on my mini trip tomorrow and I don't even care that I'm missing Hallowe'en. Spontaneity (and ignoring bank balances) can be such a great thing!!

I'll leave you with love, the promise of Amsterdam filled blog posts and this video of a Hallowe'en prank pulled on me a year ago tomorrow (8,000+ views!):

 

No comments:

Post a Comment