Have you ever been to Amsterdam? If you have, did you notice the shear amount of Heineken advertising?! It seemed like no matter where we looked, there was the Heineken logo looking right back at us. I started to seriously entertain the idea that Amsterdam is sponsored by Heineken.... (Ironically I only seem to have 2 or 3 pictures with something Heineken in them..)
I probably could have told you even a little something about my trip to Amsterdam when I posted yesterday but I didn't want to write about something so fun after writing about something so sucky (essay writing). Instead, I'm going to write about it now. And a little bit more about it on Saturday.
We had two full days in Amsterdam and a couple of hours before we left in Sunday. Our first day in Amsterdam was very chilled. We had just spent 15 hours travelling from Swansea and no one had the energy to run around and try and cram in all the tourist sights. We dropped our suitcases off in our room, showered, and set out from our hotel. Our afternoon was spent wandering through the streets, looking in to all the shops and trying not to get hit by the hundreds of bikes that were everywhere we looked. We found a small cafe just off a courtyard and ordered beers, coffees and I had one of the best omelettes ever (other than the ones my Mum makes of course). Our walk took us along the flower market that was perched over the canal and was full of the prettiest flowers. There were souvenir shops running alongside it and even one suspicious looking museum of mushrooms. When we were too tired (and cold) to carry on, we headed back to our hostel and spent the evening enjoying drinks and the company of people from all over the world. I was very glad to fall in to bed later that night and fell asleep almost instantly, even with McPake giggling away on the top bunk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment