Pages

Monday, 2 September 2013

September's Goal

For me, September has always been the month of change. As someone who still hasn't left education, my year is dictated by the scholarly calendar. This means that my year actually runs from September to September. September is like it's very own new year, a chance to start anew.

Since it heralds the start of a new year at school, I feel like September is a month spent looking forward.  Setting standards for how I'd like to work in school, what I want from the school year. It's the countdown to Halloween, Christmas, New Years and it contains so many birthdays that planning is essential to remember them all (not that I'm in any danger of forgetting my own birthday).

That's why I decided to choose being mindful as September's goal. When the month itself is all about change, looking forward and new starts and especially now I'm in University and it means moving back to Swansea, I want to spend this month focusing on the here and now. I want to appreciate everything that is happening as it is happening. While attention must be paid to the future, I want the focus to be on the present.

--------------------
Review: August's Goal

This goal didn't go exactly as I planned but on the positive side, my bank balance (and savings account!) is looking a lot healthier. 

I think this is definitely something I will continue to do. I want to be as on-top of my finances as I possibly can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment