I've now been living in Camp HOKAC (the only a little bit dorky name we've given our house) for just over a week now and second year is already turning out to be completely amazing.
I'd forgotten how busy Freshers Fortnight is and the last week has blended into a blur of nights out and days in. My new (double!) bed is so comfortable that I'm finding it really hard to get out of it before midday. Seriously, I don't know if I've ever slept in something so comfortable.
I'm discovering there's a few things about living with boys that I didn't realise would be a part of my life (who knew beard hair was an issue? Or that it goes everywhere?) but it's so much fun that it makes even a kind-of-crappy-house the best place to live in. I've missed football afternoons, pre-drinking to Fifa and how noisy it can be. What's great is that Meryn and Anna are only a 15 minute walk down the road which means we've seen them almost every day this week as well. I've even seen Anthony out and spent a day with him. All my favourite people in one city... I'm feel very lucky!
Lectures start tomorrow and I can't figure out if I'm looking forward to it or if the idea fills me with dread. As much as I love my degree, I am seriously enjoying being able to do absolutely anything I want all day and night. Lectures will get in the way of all the fun! Plus at our introduction talk, the lecturer kept mentioned how we were in second year, how this year counts toward our final degree mark and how we would be graduating/looking at employers in two years time and so basically, I want to go back to being a Fresher right now please.
I'm going to leave you with this video (and the wish to be a Fresher again. They're 18 for goodness sake. 18! So young! So free!) and I'll hopefully blog again this week. Enjoy!
Sunday, 29 September 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment