Pages

Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Birthday celebrations

Monday was amazing. Mum was off work so I had her home all day and Lottie even came home from school during a break in the middle of her day. Mum and Anthony were there to watch me open my presents (lots of board games and a kindle from Ant!) and I even had one of my favourite meals as my birthday lunch. My "birthday cake" was two french fancies with "20" candles in them (I don't eat cake) and we had to sing it twice because Mum forgot to film it the first time.
My evening was spent in Cardiff with everyone that I love. Anthony and I stayed in one of the best hotel rooms we've ever stayed in (there was so much room! and light!) and I had to buy new shoes on our way to the pub. Charlie repeated her fruit idea (for my 18th she had all of my friends give me oranges) and I ended up with an orange, a kiwi, a melon and a lime. McPake, Ainsley, Benj and Samuel all came from Swansea and I had the funniest cards off them. You know you're best friends with someone when they give you a funeral card for your 20th (to mourn the loss of my teenage years).
The night out was insane. It was definitely the best birthday night out I've ever had and I was so glad I could share it with Harriet (who turned 20 today, Happy Birthday darling!). We haven't shared birthday celebrations since we were about 11 years old.
Every single one of us was suffering the morning after. Anthony and I managed to accidentally catch a train home with Luke and Broomy. It was perhaps the funniest yet most painful train journey I've had yet. The four of us were so rough, the most we could do was read the personals in the paper.

I may have been dreading turning 20 but I sure as hell celebrated it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment