It was the first sleepover I've had in years. I can't actually remember the last time I had a proper sleepover that wasn't just crashing at someone's house after a night out. I've missed late night talks and I've especially missed these two. It's always always fun with them and Friday was no exception.
Pretty much the first thing I did once I arrived was help Meryn defrost some Parmigiana. It never seems to go smoothly when the two of us are in the kitchen. We almost dropped the Parmigiana on the floor at one point while we were trying to fit the two portions on the plate. It took a million years to defrost and cook the food (at least that's what it felt like) and less than 5 minutes to completely demolish it. Parmigiana is honestly one of the best dishes I've ever tasted ever ever ever. The only person who loves it anywhere near as much as I do is Meryn. Don't ever get in between us and Parmigiana. You will regret it.
After washing up and deliciously long conversations, Meryn pulled out these canvases and paints and I managed to cross something off this years bucket list. I am definitely not the artistic type but I had so much fun pretending to be. We painted in to the early hours of the morning, sometimes completely absorbed and sometimes distracted by the wonderful cast of this film. There was even a break to watch a video involving a very sexy Italian bum... Who said distractions are always a bad thing?
It was slightly disheartening to be painting at the same time as Meryn. I didn't actually take a photo of her picture but it was fantastic. She is so so talented. When we finished, Anna and I sat transfixed with the ink drawing she had moved on to (you can see it in the last photo). Even Pitch Perfect wasn't enough to keep our attention from it for too long.
We eventually went to bed some time after 4 in the morning. I'd forgotten the sleepy, eyes-almost-closed conversations that happen when the lights are turned out. I felt 15 again... tired eyes and best friend sleepovers are things I guess you never grow out of. Yay!



No comments:
Post a Comment