It's embarrassing how long it's taken me to write this post. It's not as bad as how long it took me to write the second half of this post but still! I feel like the only person welcoming in 2014 18 days after it arrived. It feels appropriate since I didn't really feel like 2014 began until I sat my last exam on Tuesday of this week.
There's nothing like exams to make you feel like your life is on hold and these were a particularly horrible set of them. I didn't know anyone that wasn't stressed/tired/feeling hopeless and it seemed to make January even more wintry and stark. It felt like my life was on hold and there's nothing I hate more than wasting time wishing for something to be over. Being free feels like a breath of fresh air has swept through my life. I still catch myself feeling like I should revise but I'm starting to shake that guilt. It's time to enjoy myself again!
I'm so excited to dive in to this year. I already feel worlds away from the funk that bogged me down last semester. I've got so many exciting things planned and it's only the third week of the year! There's the zip wire experience planned for today (so nervous!), a weekend in Paris, a couple of days in Poole, Shakespeare's birthday celebration, summer plans and one huge plan that could potentially change everything. I'm so excited and so happy and so ready for this year, I'm constantly being surprised at how good it feels.
There will be no talks of resolutions this year. Just a list, a mantra and the desire to be the best person I can be while living in the knowledge of how amazing it is to be alive.
I'm spending a week at home taking a well deserved break from everything University and it feels good to start my faux new year here, with my family and friends. I'll be going back to Swansea ready to tackle the second semester and more importantly, have as many adventures as I can.
Here's to 2014!
Saturday, 18 January 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment