Pages

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Day in Tintern

One day last week, Anthony and I decided to make the most of the sun by spending a few hours in Tintern. Despite the fact that neither of us like the heat, we didn't want to be cooped up inside with bad daytime TV. We stopped off in Chepstow first so that we could get some drinks and snacks but ended up walking through the town and around the castle instead.
We stopped in Tesco for our drinks and made our way to Tintern. I had work that evening so unfortunately we couldn't spend as long as we would have liked in the village. We still made time for a long walk through part of the woods and we even stopped for a delicious ice cream cone from The Anchor Inn.
I absolutely love visiting Tintern. It's only 20 minutes from where I live and it's a stunning place, especially in the sunshine. Surprisingly, I'm yet to visit the grounds of the Abbey. Neither Anthony or I had money the day we went and so £4.50 was too much for us to pay. I've had a look on the website and it says students only pay £3.40 which is good to know!

We're planning on going back to walk to the Devil's Pulpit so I might try and convince Anthony to include a visit to the Abbey grounds as well. Wish me luck!
A photo taken over one of the walls enclosing the Abbey's grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment