Pages

Monday, 5 May 2014

Life lately

This last week has been so busy, even when I've had a moment's pause I couldn't find the energy to write a blog post. It's annoying, revision tires me out to the point I don't even want to do the things I enjoy. Six weeks will go quickly.... right?

I don't have any photos of last week (the photo above was from runs two weeks ago) and yet I haven't spent a full day at home in what seems like forever.

I think the busiest day by far was Tuesday. By 4:30pm in the afternoon, Mum and I had picked up textiles and coffee from Cwmbran, spent a couple of hours in Swansea (revision purposes) and picked up mine and my sister's new sewing machine from Cardiff - just in time to get home for Mum to take her car for it's MOT. There was no evening of rest for us though - the two of us (and Anthony, for a couple of hours) spent the whole evening helping my sister with her sewing. Her A Level textiles project was due to be handed in the next day so the four of us spent hours sewing all the different components of her play mat. It was the most awkward thing possible but it looked amazing. I'm so proud of her!

I also finished my MOT as my Mum's calling it - I had check ups with my optician and my dentist (the doctor was the week before). Everything's fine and dandy, the only bad news is my bottom two wisdom teeth are coming through so I have that to look forward to!

We celebrated my Dad's birthday this weekend as well, with bowling and meals out. His proper birthday present is a trip back to the Harry Potter studios (much to my sister's dismay, she wasn't happy the first time we visited) so on Friday he just opened Bones season 6 - a small present Mum wanted him to have so he would have something to open on his birthday. It would have been fine, if Dad hadn't ordered the exact same DVD a few days before. Still, it's the thought that counts!

I'm going back to Swansea on Wednesday (I'm desperately trying to pretend I'm not going back for exams that start next week) so the next couple of days are going to be spent revising, packing and cramming as much time with people here as I can. As much as I'm looking forward to going back (a lot) I know I'm going to miss being home a lot. There's nothing quite like being home, is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment