Pages

Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Pockets

The past couple of weeks have been tiring, draining, exhausting... all and any of the -ing words that describe how completely revision has taken over my life and sucked my energy. I'm three exams down (yesterday's was awful and I'd like to forget it ever happened) but thankfully that means I only have one more University exam left. I've got a week before I've got to sit it and it's open book which reduces revision to simply making sure I understand all of the material included in the exam. One more week and I have finished my second year of University. Time should seriously slow down now, I'll be leaving Uni before I know it (and that's all I'll know, I still have zero idea what I'm doing after graduation). 

Thankfully there have been pockets of peace, laughter and fun during the revision. Sunny walks through the park before a morning exam, getting back in to the routine of cooking with Tom (although that's rapidly devolved in to chicken dippers every. single. day. after he tried them last week) and marathoning Game of Thrones to the point that Tom and I are completely caught up and have had to start Breaking Bad just so we have something to watch. 

By far my favourite revision break has been the barbecue we had at Meryn and Anna's Saturday evening. Cooking was a group effort, with Tom, Ainsley and Anna in charge of the barbecues and Meryn and Dan cooking the chillies, onions and mushrooms. I hovered in the kitchen, trying to help without really doing anything. I did eventually cut up some mushrooms and stir the ingredients round the frying pans so I feel like I earned the burger and chicken drumstick I had later on. We stayed until the back garden was only lit by a distant streetlamp and after toasting our Prosecco (Tom had to down mine because I hated it) we made our way back home. 

I can't wait for evenings like that, with drinks and into-the-night conversations that aren't laced with everyone's exam/revision worries. We all finish our exams over the next couple of weeks and I am so excited for that. Until then, it's just snatched moments of freedom that are pretty perfect themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment