Pages

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Au Revoir Paris!

I still need to finish blogging about mine and Sophie's Paris trip in February. What better time than when I have a 3,000 report due in on Wednesday that still needs finishing? At least I only have the end of our trip to write about...

Soph and I headed back to the hostel late Sunday afternoon to try and recharge our batteries. We were all touristed out and needed a break. Our poor legs could not walk another step and our poor eyes/brain needed to look at something slightly less exciting than the spectacular sights of Paris for just an hour or two. We found the sweetest little Italian restaurant (we would have tried something local but being Sunday, everywhere was closed) and ordered enormous pizzas. The man was so adorable and the food so good! 

Our break didn't last too long but the sun had set by the time we set out again. This meant there was only one place we needed to go to.... the Eiffel Tower.

I think one of my favourite, if not my favourite, memory of this trip happened on our way to see the Eiffel Tower. The two of us were walking along the Seine, our eyes glued to the stunning sight of the Eiffel Tower lit up against the night sky when all of a sudden, lights began sparkling all over it. Sophie and I stopped at exactly the same time, grabbed each others arms and just stood, transfixed. We couldn't tear our eyes away. I don't know how to describe how amazing it looked in that moment!

The rest of our evening was spent admiring the view while I attempted to finish a candy floss stick the size of my head. I'm proud to say I managed it (Soph even took a proud looking photo of me with the empty stick for proof), maybe that can be my party trick!

It was a sad pair that made their way back to the hostel that night. Our last night in Paris! We might have been absolutely shattered, barely able to walk and in desperate need of a lie-in but we would have stayed there forever if we could have.

The next day started early but was nice and relaxed. We weren't rushing to leave and since we'd lived out of our bags, there wasn't much packing to be done. We decided to grab some croissants from the patisserie at the end of the road and eat our breakfast underneath the Eiffel Tower. Could there be a more perfect place to start the day?
We had just finished our croissants when the incident with the clown. Oh that clown. I still can't believe we fell for his little scam! We ran away and spent the rest of our morning making sure we used all of the photos available on our disposable cameras. 

All that was left to do was make our way to the airport and fly home. That could have been a bit smoother but we were finally on Welsh soil. Home sweet home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment