Pages

Sunday, 6 April 2014

A little bit more March

Afternoon's with Anthony
Wednesday's with Ant are my favourite parts of the week. Nothing particularly noteworthy happened on this particular Wednesday (other than me accidentally spending £60 in Lush) just that I'd like to remember any time that I'm lucky enough to find myself sitting opposite him enjoying a good coffee after an afternoon together.

Pole Fitness
So my friend Leigh invited me to Pole Fitness a few weeks ago. I naively accepted what I thought was an invitation to go to an exercise class, not realising this was probably part of an evil larger plan to get rid of me. I don't even think I'm exaggerating. The first class was so much fun but I couldn't move my body for at least 3 days afterwards. My arms were definitely the worst. Raising the to shoulder height almost brought me to tears! It is so much fun though and thankfully the second time didn't stop me from walking or being able to move (so maybe there isn't a big evil plan after all). I'm gutted I've just got in to it as the term is winding down though.. I've finally found exercise I really enjoy!

A Visit From Lottie
My sister came down to visit a few weeks ago, just for a night and it was so nice to have her here with me! It's scary how grown up she is now and I definitely don't like that soon she'll be old enough that I can start expecting to see her on nights out when I'm at home...

Her visit was really low-key but I still loved it. She met me in JC's where I was in the middle of a Psychology Society committee meeting. Once I was done, we dropped her stuff off at my house before meeting Anthony and having a look round the shops in town. It was late in the afternoon by the time we got in to town so unfortunately a lot of the shops were closing. It took us a ridiculously long time to decide where to eat (I'm looking at you, Ant) but we eventually chose Pizza Express. My sister somehow managed to spend £18 all by herself (seriously Lottie, how?!) and I had to box up my pizza to bring it home to Tom (I will finish a pizza by myself one day, I'm sure of it).

Our evening ended with us cwtched up on one sofa, with the boys on the other watching Frozen. Of course, she loved it (Tom did as well!) and she had me laughing all night with her funny little comments and mannerisms. She proved that living alone with her big sister would be a terrible idea when she had ice cream for breakfast the next morning. My poor Mum was shocked when I sent her the photo. I had a quick visit from Mum and Dad when they came to pick her up and then they had left by midday. My room definitely felt a lot quieter and emptier without her!

Coffee with Tom
Tom and I went up Meridian Tower one Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago. It was sunny and warm and we spent so long talking we ended up getting two cups of coffee. Walking home was funny as well, who knew a quick coffee trip could last for three hours..

No comments:

Post a Comment