(Read from the bottom up)
Have you ever experienced a moment in life where it is essential that you act completely cool?
Maybe you've just been asked out on a date by the guy/girl you've always liked or you've just met a famous person. Or maybe you're just at a party full of people way cooler than you are.
Whatever the situation is - you need to act cool and you know it.
Ordinarily, I'm the Michael Cera of the cool world. The awkward-eye-contact, awkward-body-movements, and the person who cracks out slang that even your grandmother would find 'old school'.
I'm pretty sure I have genuinely said "whippersnapper" at some point in my life, in a completely unironic way. That's how uncool I am.
The point of all this is that for the first time in my entire life yesterday, I managed to actually act cool when I needed to.
Alun Wyn Jones (a Welsh rugby player) and I walked past each other at the end of my street yesterday afternoon. We crossed each other in the middle of the road and (this is where I become basically the coolest person you've ever heard about) when we made eye contact, we smiled at each other.
You read that right.
I am now best friends with an international Welsh rugby player and I am also a cool person.
We'll just have to ignore the desperate fangirling of this post and the fact I ran down the street barefoot earlier in the day to catch a glimpse of him in a restaurant. Okay?

No comments:
Post a Comment