Life is feeling really full and happy right now and I'm loving it. Of course that means my blogs (this and my student blog) have been feeling pretty neglected but in the best kind of way. It's more "I don't have time to write about everything" than "I have zero to write about" anyway because so many fun things are going on. But as usual, I am lacking in photos for all the things that have happened. Since none of these have photos (or a lot of writing), I thought I'd lump them all here.
So here's a few things that have happened this month that I don't want to forget:
Varsity Queue
I don't know how the Union managed to ignore what happened last year (at least they didn't run out of tickets this time) but once again, we had to queue for just over 3 hours to get our Varsity packages. Since there were three people who didn't have gold packages, we couldn't queue jump to get our stuff faster. Tom and I entertained ourselves with a game of I Spy which made the time go a lot quicker. In the end everyone became sick of queuing and it definitely wasn't helped by the Union's tweet saying something like "If you don't want to queue today, go on the rides or pick it up any day next week from blah blah!" What a kick in the teeth. It would have been nice to have been told that before we had been stood around for 2 1/2 hours!
Pancake Day
My pancake day was extremely low key this year. I had Welsh from 6 - 9 on Tuesday evening meaning I missed making pancakes with everyone in the house. I was a bit gutted about that but since there was nothing I could do, I just assumed I wouldn't be having pancakes. Then as I met Anthony after Welsh I noticed he was holding a carrier bag with... pancake mix!
Movie Night with Rag
Apparently Rag and I think a good movie night combination involves Insidious 2 and Frozen... Insidious 2 was better than I expected (I managed to watch 95% of it!) but Frozen stole the show? Evening? My heart? I loved it! I'm so obsessed with Let it Go (I did not buy it on my phone after my second time watching the film...). Also, if anyway wants to bring me my own Olaf, I will love you forever.
Her
We watched her a couple of weeks ago. I'd heard so many good reviews about it so I was a little nervous it was going to fall short of my expectations but it didn't. We all really enjoyed it and had a really great conversation about it afterwards. It was my favourite kind of conversation, it started off being about Her and then just spiralled into one of those late-night-let's-discuss-the-Universe type conversation.
Try Something New
I've recently started volunteering with the Alzheimer's Society's new 'Try Something New' project. Since it's a new project there was a big gap between me applying and the programme being set up so I'm really excited to finally be able to volunteer and help out. I help with the cooking class on Thursdays, we've had one so far and it was really enjoyable! We learnt how to make a broccoli and cauliflower bake and today we're going to be making Risotto. Fun!
Cawl
Talking about cooking, I have finally made and eaten Cawl! Meryn and Anna came over a couple of weeks ago so we could make it. I say I made/we made... Meryn basically did everything. I tried to put the chicken stock in the water but that was too much responsibility for me so I gave it to Anna instead. The meal was so. good. that I'm ridiculously excited for when I can next eat it. I even went back for seconds and the boys demolished what was left over!
Tom's leg hair
I don't ever want to forget the night we helped Tom remove his leg hair. It began with Anna attempting to wax it at hers but since he had super long leg hair the pain was too much for him. This led to him buying hair removal cream on the way back to our house... What followed was one of the weirdest, funniest nights I've ever had. I was in charge of squeezing the cream on to Tom's leg. At first, it was Tom using the applicator to spread the cream evenly but thanks to the awkward angles, it ended up being a joint effort by Rag and McPake. We were very aware of the "don't leave it on for more than 10 minutes" advice on the package which meant there was some confusion over when to do his left leg (I wish I could convey how funny it was, seeing Tom with one creamed up leg looking confused as he tried to make the decision). We ended up in the upstairs bathroom - Tom was stood in the bath (it took a ridiculously long time to get him to understand we wanted him stood/sat with both his legs in the bath), I was filling up a jug to help wash off the cream, McPake was sat on the toilet watching and Rag was stood next to him. What ensued was absolute hilarity and probably a test of our friendships. Tom was rubbing the hair off his leg (a weird sight anyway) and we were all discussing whether he'd need more cream or just to shave. I ended up having to rub part of his leg to help put more cream on but that was no where near as funny as when McPake was helping rub the cream off and accidentally touched the crease between Tom's leg and his bum. McPake did not help the weirdness of the evening when he commented "it's weirder because I've got a semi right now" even if it did have us all laughing for a good few minutes. The bathroom scene must have looked incredibly weird to Samuel's poor girlfriend when she had to walk past because it felt weird being part of it. We actually did a really good job and Tom is really pleased with his super smooth legs. Definitely one of my favourite memories of this year so far ha!
Thursday, 20 March 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment