I was looking through my drafts a few days ago, getting ready to write last month's book reviews, when I realised that I've barely written about the South Island at all. I have 38 drafts waiting to be finished, all growing dust in my draft folder.
But I'm back in the UK and looking for work, so I have a lot more time on my hands than I really know what to do with. In between applying for jobs, I've been slowly working on my photo albums and scrapbook. My Mum and my sister bought me two beautiful photo albums and a scrapbook personalised especially for my time in New Zealand.
It's going slow, but I am starting to make progress documenting my six months away. I saved everything: receipts, some leaflets, maps, tickets. Tom even saved some of his as well so I'm really excited to build this up. I've also started filling my photo albums with 150 photos from each half of our trip.
Looking back over all of these things has been so much fun. It's taking ages and I haven't even looked at the South Island album yet, but the first one was so much fun that I'm really looking forward to going through my photos again.
Which brings me here. To a draft folder filled with posts just waiting to be written. The perfect excuse to go through my photos again and reminisce about some of my favourite parts of our six months.
My original plan was to post one "throwback post" every Thursday but there are so many posts that one a week would have taken months to get through them all. So now there will be a post twice a week: on Thursdays and Sundays. It's the perfect motivation to get writing again as well. I've let it slack and it's really showing. I miss writing and reading and just doing something creative, not matter how small!
See you Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment