This is such a late life lately post (most of these pictures were taken around the 7th of March!) but it's been sitting in my drafts for so long I thought it only fair to finish it! You of course know by now why I've been glaringly silent on here, so I won't repeat myself. Just know that it feels SO GOOD to finally know that my life lately posts will all be full of a variety of pictures, and not just me in the library or a picture of Word open on my laptop. Hurray!
A picture of mine and Tom's lunch spot a couple of weeks ago. I realised as I posted this that not only am I incredibly lucky to live somewhere so beautiful, but that I have less than 3/4 months left here. It was such a sobering moment. I am really going to miss this city, it's been my home for 3 years and it offers lunch spots like this... What more could you want?
Bringing my bike back to Swansea from home was a hilarious fail. The thing weighs a bloody ton and me and Meryn had absolutely no idea what to do with it on the train. After the worlds most unhelpful platform-person-guy gave us vague instructions to put it on the front of the train, he had to then stop the train from leaving because we'd taken it on to the wrong carriage and had to move it. It turns out that on big trains (like the ones that go to London), they actually have a bike carriage at the very front behind the driver. We stowed the bike in there and ran back to find some seats.
Only when we sat down did I realise I hadn't tied the bike to anything... What followed was an extremely tense 15 minutes to Cardiff, during which we convinced ourselves the bike had fallen on to the other bike in there, damaged it, damaged itself, the basket had fallen off and it had somehow damaged the rest of the little room thing it was in. (We possible overthink things... can you tell?) I've never before noticed how much the train moves between Newport and Cardiff - a journey that I would at any other time have considered completely smooth.
When we arrived in Cardiff I sprinted to the bike carriage to check my bike. Thankfully it literally hadn't moved an inch from where I'd left it. I used the ties provided to tie it up, then ran back to the carriage I'd just left. The guy taking his bike out looked very confused, ha!
Pushing the bike back to the house was a bloody nightmare. Turns out my break pads were slightly on both of the wheels... That did not make pushing the thing any easier. Tom came to the rescue though; I've never been more glad to see him than I was in that moment, tired, grumpy and in desperate need of a hug.
He even spent the evening sorting out my bike, the seat and putting my new basket on! I wanted to take a picture of the basket to show Mum and he graciously offered to model for me. It suits him doesn't it? I'm still trying to convince him to put one on his own bike (no luck so far - something about aerodynamics or trying to look cool).
I love this photo. We look so summerly and accidentally matching! It's my phone background and twitter picture and I think I'm only a little bit majorly soppy so it's fine.
I bought new sunglasses and lipstick while I was home so obviously I had to take selfies because duh.
As revenge for GoApe, I made Meryn do the zip wire over Chepstow quarry with me. She was annoyingly excited for the whole thing, and she seemed to actually enjoy getting stuck over the water... I was less than happy with the whole thing and immediately decided I make terrible decisions - while curled up in a ball, loudly shouting to Meryn that I was turning but couldn't stop myself because there was no chance I was taking my hands off the rope I was attached to.
GUYS MERYN HAD HER HAIR CUT SHORT AND JUST BECAME THE CUTEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. LOOK AT HER HAIR!!
She had so many compliments in the salon and aaaaaah it just suits her so much that as well as being jealous of her style and her everyday make-up (she has figured out how to casually wear lipstick and it's so unfair), I'm now jealous of how effortlessly chic her hair is.
Because seriously. Look at it!






No comments:
Post a Comment