This particular weekend actually took place around a month ago now so forgive me if this isn't as detailed a post as I sometimes write.
Meryn said something on the first night we were home that really stuck with me. We were talking about being away from Swansea and she said something along the lines of "it feels so good to be in a home" and I realised how true those words were.
I think that why I love being home so much... It feels good to be somewhere lived in, somewhere loved... a home, not a house.
We spent the weekend having elaborate breakfasts and having home cooked meals. Mum made her wedges on the first night (a speciality of hers) and Meryn and I cooked her food on the second evening. She tried baked aubergine and soya cream mashed potato and she really enjoyed it! It's fun to be able to cook her the things I make when I'm in Uni.
Saturday morning was also an excuse to get back at Meryn for the GoApe experience. We booked ourselves tickets to the Zip Wire in Chepstow Diving Centre. I did it early last year and got stuck so this year, my revenge plan was centred on the hope that Meryn would get stuck as well.
The plan sort of backfired. She did get stuck, but being Meryn (aka an insane person who enjoys things like this) she actually enjoyed the chance to look around.
She was hanging from a wire above all that water and she enjoyed it!!! Now do you all see that she is quite clearly insane???
We both did it though and both really enjoyed it. It was actually a lot of fun! I did it curled up in a ball freaking out because I was spinning but still...
Plus it really is a completely beautiful place to Zip Wire across. I didn't realise that you could stay there as well, in little log cabins! Like a sturdier version of camping. The cabins are on the right of this picture, at the top of that big huge red rock cliff thing. They look like they would be amazing to stay in but I think I would have to be connected to a safety wire at all times... Heights just really just not my thing!
The rest of the weekend was just as much fun (if a little less scary). That afternoon Meryn had her hair cut short. She had so many compliments from everyone in the salon and it was just crazy to see how much it suited her. She spent the whole afternoon swishing her hair back and forth, it was so funny!
Sunday was nice and chilled. We had a lush roast (cooked by Mum of course) before going to the train station. What ensued was the most stressful but funniest beginning of a train journey ever, thanks to my bike! It was a relief get back to my room!
I love quick visits to home in the middle of term. It's like the best kind of pick-me-up, an all-round good for the soul type thing!





No comments:
Post a Comment