For someone who claims not to be a farmer (he is) there sure was quite a lot of farm-y stuff during those couple of days. Like how he has a clock in the first bedroom he was in that made animals noises on the hour (he pretended that he took the batteries out but we both know that's a lie).
I can now officially say I've seen a lamb be born (easiest birth ever possibly), I've herded sheep and I've held a lamb. In fact I've held more than one lamb but the one I'm holding in the top picture is my favourite and I wish I'd stolen him. I spent time with the sweetest dog in the world (Tilly, in the top pictures - not Tom) and I even got to use my wellies!
His Mum made us some of the tastiest home cooked food (including scones made with soy milk just for me) and I finaaaaally had some of her outstanding Welsh cakes again. His brother and I bonded over a poo stick (not what it sounds like). I even got to snuggle up and watch a film with a fire roaring in the corner. So clearly, I should have never left.
We also visited the Elan valley and saw the Rhayader dams. They are stunning. I think the first dam we saw was the Caban Coch dam. You can see it in the bottom picture of me and Sam (who like all younger siblings gave very little thought to the consequences of trying to see further over the edge than your height allows). I drove us over the Gareg Ddu, Craig Goch and Claerwen Dams. We even had a running race over one of the dams - being up against children definitely makes you run faster - and Tom's effort was shameful. He is a cyclist - an athlete apparently! - and he lost to an 8 year old. Apparently his technique was all wrong, although I'm pretty sure you have to be able to run (and not lose to your 8 year old brother) before you can be said to have some kind of technique but y'know...
It was such a fun few days, I was so sad to come home. You don't really appreciate how convenient it is living in the same house as someone until you're an inconvenient amount of time away and you just want them around all the time. At least I only have a few more days to wait until he comes here! There's no lambs but he said something about flat roads and cycling so I'm sure he'll have just as much fun as I did*.
*Except he definitely won't because lambs.




No comments:
Post a Comment