This is a bit of a mish-mash post really, a lot like my last life lately round up. I'm still trying to catch up from the deadline-enforced blog silence! This is a collection of photos from my phone I haven't shared yet. Some are from the beginning of March but they become a lot more recent towards the end (like this past weekend). This brings me up to date now (yay!) so the life lately posts from now on will hopefully actually be from lately... Hopefully.
1. This is what happens when your boyfriend suggests cycling to the Mumbles (it's like, a 6 mile round trip) and because he's "an athlete" he had to go fully decked out in his cycling kit. SIX MILES. You don't need a cycling outfit for SIX MILES TOM!
2. Meryn was an absolute hero over the last few weeks, bringing me coffees or her company to get me through my many hours in the library. This was a particularly depressing moment of realisation that it had been 3 hours since I had been outside (or even seen it, since I hadn't been sat near windows).
3. A summer fruits and soy yoghurt smoothie that tasted exactly like summer.
4. There's two things here: (1) how cute is Tom who is now officially my boyfriend so YAY; and (2) CAN YOU SEE THAT CYCLING HASHTAG. He is the worst.
5. I'm not sure going for a coffee after the gym counts as a warm down (the coffee is warm though so...) but it's definitely not a bad idea. Meryn and I have been trying to get to the gym three times a week recently. We don't always manage it but it feels so good when we do. We're trying to do the Couch to 5K running programme at the moment. Two asthmatics attempting to run means that we will be on those treadmills until we can run outside without embarrassing ourselves, no matter how long it takes.
I've also downloaded a Nike training app and we've been doing those workouts before or after our running. There was one, Alpha Abs, that absolutely killed us. At one point we were both convinced we were going to throw up, which made us laugh, which killed stomach muscles we didn't even know we had. Still no abs though (we checked the very next day, hopeful)!
6. One of the perks of being up in time to catch the recent Solar Eclipse was a morning cup of tea outside in the sunshine. Tom was thoroughly unimpressed by the whole thing. "Where is it then?" "Are you SURE it's not the sun in front of the moon?" "Well this was shit." were a few of his comments during the 20 minutes we were outside. At least he liked his cup of tea!
7. One of the pictures from our lunch with my parents, my sister and her boyfriend in the Grape&Olive earlier last month. I love all of the photos from that meal. It was the first time Tom met my parents as my soon-to-be boyfriend and it went surprisingly well. I say surprisingly because my Dad was there and there is no way of knowing what he is going to say ever. Thankfully he was on his best behaviour. And we got some great photos!
8. Me and Sam, Tom's younger brother, looking out over one of the dams last week. I've never seen dams before and I couldn't believe how huge everything was. And the scenery. I know my country is beautiful but seriously wow.
9. So I spent three days on Tom's farm and I didn't get to bring any lambs home (completely unfair) and I didn't get to bring any cats or dogs home either (again completely unfair). The worst part was not being able to bring Tom home (way beyond unfair). He's coming down on Wednesday (YAYAY!) so I'm sort of living for then right now. He's not bringing his farm though (rude) so I have to go without the added bonus of lambs and adorable dogs this time.
10 + 11. A couple of the photos taken on the last night of term, none of which feature me doing anything other than pouting. Despite having not handed my project in yet, I needed a night out of the house with cider and an excuse to wear make-up. We were only supposed to go to JC's for a couple of drinks and come home by 11ish so obviously that turned into Tooters until 2:30 and way way too much alcohol for someone who has barely drunk all term. I have missed going out. Roll on after Easter because I am going to be all over that.
12. I finally have a double bed in my room! Pictures will follow once my mattress arrives and it's all completely finished. To get ready for the arrival of the frame, most of the furniture in my room had to be rearranged. This involved moving my bookcase across the room; a little more than a simple task since the bookcase is held against the wall by a bracket. This picture is proof that I'm actually not terrible at DIY - especially as I put it up, put all my books back and it's still standing! Mum helped with everything and we've managed to make my room look so good. I'm so in love with it!
13. I AM FINALLY FREE FROM MY FINAL YEAR PROJECT AND THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.
14. Not living in the same house means that FaceTime's are now a regular part of my evenings. FaceTiming someone this cute is of course the best thing ever but Wednesday just cannot come quick enough!
15. I can't leave this post on [14.] because that might make you think we're a really cute couple who have really nice FaceTime's where no one has a bum of hair (long story), or who pretends to be an opera singer (like in this photo). I don't think Tom has ever seen the opera... Apparently this is him "hitting the note". I should note that he wasn't actually singing at the time, just making the faces silently. And he actually tries to convince me he's cool...








No comments:
Post a Comment