Pages

Monday, 2 March 2015

Happy Birthday Merv!

Today is a very important day. 

It is the day that Meryn finally became as old as I am and can no longer quite get away with making oldie jokes to me (yay!).

This obviously means that today is her 21st birthday and so, I thought it only fair she had a blog post all to herself in honour of it. 


Meryn is one of the absolute best people I know. I spoke briefly about how lucky I am to have her (and Soph) as friends here but it's something I will constantly repeat because I really never get over how happy I am to have her in my life. 

Meryn is kind, caring, generous, witty and she is always surprising me with some interesting/cool thing she's done. Two weeks of research in India? Check. Work experience that involved feeding monkeys? Check. Knows how to sail? Check. Can paint canvases of my favourite seaside view? Check

I always, always have fun with Meryn. Whether that's exploring far away places like Italy or Poland, or just popping up the road for a cup of coffee and a good old putting-the-world-to-rights chat. 

I am so unbelievably proud to have her as my best friend and of who she has grown in to as a person. I've watched her become happier, more confident, and just more of who she wants to be as a person; and her bravery and courage to do that is a constant source of inspiration to me. 

I hope you know how important you are to me Meryn, and how excited I am to start our big adventure later this year. 

I hope your day is as wonderful as you are.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment