Pages

Saturday, 1 June 2013

June's Goal

This month's goal is to pick one healthy habit to focus on and repeat it every day for a month.

I've become a lot more conscious over the last few months of how unhealthy my lifestyle is. Obviously, as a student, it's a lot harder to be healthy. It's not so much the amount of drinking involved in student life as the lack of money and the ridiculous price of healthy foods. I want to eat veg and fruit and other healthy food but when multiple ready meals and pizza's can be bought in bulk for a lot less, I tend to go with the money saving option.

Not only this but I never, ever exercise. I'm not even saying this as an exaggeration. It's actually worrying how little exercise I do. I was lucky that my floor all decided to go to the gym during the last couple of weeks of Uni but, now that I'm home, I'm worried that either my motivation will fail me or the distance/price of the gym here will put me off.

Since while living at home I'm lucky to have food bought for me, I've decided that the healthy habit I should focus on is exercise. This will be the harder of the two but I think that's a good thing. Now that Uni's done, I feel a little restless and I think this challenge is just what I need to help me create some motivation.

So, this month I'm going to focus on exercise and I'm going to do it every day. Whether that's walking instead of driving, going for a jog, going for a long walk, going to the gym or finishing off the squat challenge, I aim to make sure I do at least 10 minutes of exercise a day.

Hopefully by the end of the month it will be a habit I don't want to break.

--------------------
Review: May's Goal

I think I was a little optimistic in thinking I could sort out my bookcase, cupboard and all the boxes out in a day each. They will take a lot longer to clear but I don't mind that. I do feel focused in some senses but I think May's goal needs to extend a bit further for me to feel the full effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment