I have had the best couple of days back in Swansea. Between road trips, the Mumbles and Summer Ball, the last 3 days have reminded me just how much I love all of the friends I've made here in Swansea (and how much I'm going to miss them this summer). I can't actually believe yesterday was the last time all of us will be out together as first years, or that this is the last week of all of us living together on floor 5. I can feel myself getting teary just thinking about it! I'm going to save my whole "oh my god we're leaving, I love you all, goodbye Preseli" post for another time though, I'd much rather pretend it's not happening and focus on other things.
The weather (ha, see, much more interesting than saying goodbye to my first year) has been absolutely stunning over the last 2 days. I was so worried that it would rain for the ball yesterday that I packed a pair of wellies that matched my dress, just in case. I needn't have worried though, as we've had perfect blue skies and days of sunshine recently. Me and McPake practically melted on our way down to Swansea on Sunday.
The drive down was a lot more fun than usual, mostly because the weather was nice and I had McPake and his mad rapping skills as a companion. After our McDonald's and finding ourselves on an empty floor, we met everyone on the beach. I know I say it all the time but I really do love living in Swansea. Being able to sit and relax on the beach with my best friends makes me feel so incredibly lucky. Even if one of them (Tom) decides to act like a dog and shower sand all over us, ha!
When the boys found out I had the car, it was decided we should go on an adventure. I drove us through the Mumbles which was no easy task with Tom, McPake and Benj as passengers. This should give you some idea of what it was like, although you'll need to imagine the constant volume battle going on with the music.
We ended up climbing over rocks, falling in puddles, playing a very dangerous rock throwing game and taking weird album-cover style photos of the boys. I had so much fun, it was almost a shame that we had to leave to be back in time for the football.
The rest of the evening was very chilled. The boys watched football and played COD while I watched Magic Mike with the girls. Really, has a more perfect film ever been made? No. I don't think it has. I went to sleep around 3, not being able to sleep and having my new obsession (Gossip Girl) keeping me entertained. Yesterday was the summer ball (which will have it's own post very soon) and today is just going to consist of me packing up and driving back home! The sun is still shining and hopefully it will be back home as well.
Tuesday, 4 June 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment