Pages

Tuesday, 19 January 2016

All caught up!

SCHEDULED
So my "highlight" posts of each area have finally been posted! I'm all caught up on our adventures in the North Island!

Good job too because we've already been in the South Island for two weeks already! As you might have read, our crossing over from the North wasn't the smoothest of our journeys so far. I think the only good part of that morning was that we had managed to arrange a shuttle to the ferry terminal. Missing out on an hour and a half's walk with all of our bags (at 6:30am!) meant we were awake enough to appreciate the full horror of the experience on the sea.

Untitled
We survived the ordeal!
The rest of our journey was (thankfully) uneventful. Our bus driver kindly waited for everyone to collect their luggage from the carousel and seemed wonderfully calm at the fact we left Picton 45 minutes behind schedule.

Not only was the weather in Nelson gorgeous, but the walk to the hostel was also the shortest yet. It seems we were being compensated for the bad luck of the ferry crossing! Knowing we had less than a 5 minute walk was so good I could have cried. We were there in no time at all!

We spent 4 nights in Nelson, travelled by train to Christchurch, and spent 4 nights there as well. I can't wait to tell you about all of that. Especially the train journey, that's been my favourite journey of the 3 months so far!

On the 12th we picked up a rental car. We have 10 days of road tripping before dropping it off in Queenstown on the 22nd. This is a scheduled post so we will already have had the car for a few days by the time it publishes and I am SO excited. I can't wait for us to have the freedom to go wherever we want, for however long we want. This is something we've both been really looking forward to!

I've got more scheduled posts coming and I'm also hoping we'll be blessed with enough free wifi to allow some unscheduled posts as well. I'm hoping I will have LOTS to write about after these 10 days. This is our last pure travel spree before we stay in an area and find jobs and we're both eager to make the most of it.

A holiday inside a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment