Whenever I think of Soph, a million and one memories come to mind. The many shifts we worked together on the bar, all of our mini travels out of the country, late night conversations, drunken laughs... Too many to write here, too few words to give them justice.
But of those memories, there is always one of me or her on a train, waving goodbye to the other on the platform. There is always the image of her face on my laptop screen, instead of in my room. Of her name on my phone, rather than her knock on the door.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love visiting this girl. Or her visiting me. Or our mini breaks away. She is my best friend and I never stop having fun when she is around.
It's just that being around is rare. Something we have to plan in advance. It can rarely be spur of the moment, especially as we get older.
I love how much we get to see by not seeing the same things everyday.. but it is so hard when your partner in crime lives so far away.
Distance has it's upsides but really, it just plain old sucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment