Not pictured:
(1) a quick catch up with Leigh turned in to an almost three hour lunch with her and Meryn. I sat at the table and realised that I am incredibly lucky to be friends with such intelligent, witty and fierce women.
(2) I got one of my marks back from the essay I gave in during the two weeks from hell and I am more than happy with my grade. It has lifted such a huge weight of anxiety knowing that I haven't completely screwed up 70% of my one of my modules. Hallelujah!
(3) I went to see McBusted in Charlie a few weeks ago and it was amaaaaaaazing. Dancing around like we were 13 again was so much fun.
(4) I successfully completed a 10 minute presentation a couple of weeks ago and I am so proud of myself. The grade was beyond what I thought I could achieve and it's given me such a big confidence boost!
Life as a farmer's girlfriend is never boring...
So the best day of the Uni Social calendar came around... Varsity! It's still my favourite day of the year; I just have so much fun drinking, watching sports, Rugby and well... more drinking really!
This year's Varsity took place on our home turf. It was weird having it in Swansea. On one hand I'm glad because it's good to have experienced Varsity in both Swansea and Cardiff; but on the other hand, I love the whole day-out aspect of it: getting the buses to Cardiff, the "new" setting of Cardiff pubs, the rugby in the Millennium Stadium, gross bus rides back to Swansea... I definitely missed being in Cardiff this year.
Still an absolutely great day though!! Leigh was with us for half of the day (we completely lost each other at the Liberty) and it was so much fun having her around. I remember eating so much food and being very upset at having to pay £7/8 for two pints (whyyyyy must I be leaving student drinking prices?!). I know that there is no amount of photo editing that could make me look even slightly less wasted in the selfies I took.
I still haven't acknowledged the fact that it was my last Varsity and it's possible I never will (I have a feeling graduation is going to greatly improve my ability to ignore reality). But if we do, for one second, say that it was my last one...it was a bloody good one to end on.
Sometimes you just need to bunk off your full day of lectures, get a good book, a cup of coffee, and go watch your boyfriend race in the Varsity races.
I bought The Kite Runner to celebrate my last ever loan day and wooooow it was good. I finished it in a matter of days, ignoring all of my deadlines just to get it finished. Clearly prioritised well that week.
[1] Keeping up the tradition of having a photo at each race I watch him in! I was the lone Swansea supporter that day. It took me a while to build up the courage to cheer (it was me against a large group of Cardiff supporters - it was intimidating!) but I did eventually and as always, I had so much fun watching Tom race.
[2] A selfie from a date night Tom and I had recently! He treated me to Pizza Express (after I promised to use my 40% NUS discount... romance isn't dead guys) and it was a nice excuse to get dressed up! I also can't quite believe how old I look in this photo. People are constantly surprised that I'm a 3rd year (being told I don't look old enough to be 21 is both flattering and depressing) but this is the first time I've ever really looked at myself and seen an adult, and not the various shades of my growing up face.
Leigh and I had our last lecture together on Thursday! 3 years of texting her to let her know I wouldn't be in has come to an end.. I can still remember the first time I met Leigh and one of my favourite memories of us is how quickly and easily we fell in to being friends. You know when you've found a friend for life and Leigh is 100% one of those people. I'm going to miss her so much!
A vegetarian fry-up to cure our post-Varsity hangovers, cooked by chef Tom of course.
[1] Despite buying my membership to the yoga society last October, last week was actually the first time I've been all year. Tom, Meryn and I tried the Iyengar yoga class on Tuesday night. We were made to stretch muscles I didn't even know I had but we all felt so much looser and freer when we left the class. We ruined it slightly by having a KFC afterwards but in our defence, we were hungry, our muscles were all floopy and probably couldn't have handled cooking and also, it was the tastiest KFC we've had in ages.
[2] One of my Christmas presents from my Mum was a 4 hour cooking class by a popular Italian restaurant in Cardiff. I learnt a loooooot, including a fancy new way of chopping onions that will almost probably stop me from injuring myself when I attempt to chop them normally. We cooked two pasta sauces, two pizzas and a chicken dish. Everything involved white wine, lunch involved a glass of rose and I made a nutella pizza that was entirely eaten by Tom the next day. The main thing I took away from the class though was how much I miss Italy. I've never ever missed somewhere I've visited like this before. It's like a bone-deep longing to be back in the country. September can't come fast enough!
[3] The results were almost exactly the opposite of what I wanted to happen but I officially voted for the first time in this general election and it felt good.
[4] The effort that goes in to getting me to a 9am would not be worth it if it hadn't been our last lecture together. I was late (of course) but I made it!
[5] Multiple pints of cider and a seemingly well-thought-out-idea of Sex on the Beach did not feel good when I woke up the following morning.








No comments:
Post a Comment