Lottie and I pulled up at about 5 to 5, saw that no one else was in the restaurant and ended up sitting in the car for a few minutes freaking out. We didn't want to go in on our own but at the same time we were worried that everyone inside could see us and was wondering what the hell we were doing. Eventually our curiosity (and running-in-circles-overthinking) got the better of us and we walked in to the restaurant.
It turns out, we were the very first customers that Sawyer's served. We were alone in there for about 10/15 minutes until the next people with a reservation appeared. How cool is that? Their first ever customers!
Charlie was our waitress, something I think helped calm her nerves. Who better to practice on than your friends right? She brought us our drinks and a couple of menus and we snacked on our popcorn (we were handed a little paper bag of it as we walked in!) while we tried to decide what to order.
After a lot of deliberation (on Lottie's part, I chose within seconds), we finally gave Charlie our order. Lottie ordered the Nude Burger with chips, coleslaw and corn on the cob. I ordered my standard Margherita pizza (my dairy-free diet is clearly going very well).
We were not kept waiting long, although that could have been because we were two of the six customers and the only ones who had ordered food yet. Lottie's meal arrived in a wooden box, with an "S" carved in to the corner. Although a little dubious at first, she seemed to warm to the box idea - especially when she realised it wasn't awkward to eat out of. That box emptied almost as quickly as our food arrived. She raved about the coleslaw as well, she finished the lot despite being "too hungry for another mouthful".
My pizza was amazing. The basil leaves really helped the flavour and the slices of onion were a much appreciated surprise. If I wasn't potentially lactose intolerant, I would be back there eating it right now. Even the dough was flavourful... Such a great pizza!
Overall we were so impressed with everything. The staff were great, the food was amazing and the place itself looks so cool and welcoming. It's great to have something like this right around the corner! I'd say we can't wait to go back again but since we've already been back (lunch on Wednesday), I'll just say that this will probably become one of our favourite places to eat in Magor. It's fab!
No comments:
Post a Comment