Pages

Thursday, 28 August 2014

Life Since Italy, Part Two


Sleepovers with Sophie
Can I just have Sophie back in Wales forever please? She stayed over on Thursday, as a detour on the way to celebrate her niece's first birthday. Anthony came over and after catching up, we drove to the Bay for some food. Once we discovered Sophie had never eaten there before, there was no other food option than eating at the Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Not that Anthony and I need an excuse to go there, if we weren't students we would probably eat there once a week. I've been craving more of their onion rings since we left (they're just that good).

Gathering at Anthony's
In honour of Sophie's return (and Anthony's free house), we all spent the evening at Anthony's. It was such a great night. There was a lot of drinking, pool games, FIFA and the funniest game of Never Have I Ever that I've played in a very long time. You'd think that that game would stop being fun when you're playing it with people who have all known each other since we were 11 (or since we were 5 in mine and Charlie's case) but if anything, it gets funnier each time we play it. We ended up killing poor Luke and I'm still laughing at the image of his pale, absolutely-hammered-face saying "I'm going to throw up so I need to run home now" before he left (apparently to run the 2/3 miles home). Me crashing out on the sofa meant that we left just before 3am and I was very, very glad to crawl into bed when we got in.

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
Unless you've been avoiding Facebook, Instagram and most of the internet, you'll have heard of the latest charity craze sweeping the internet. I was nominated by McPake and Friday morning I finally plucked up the courage to complete the challenge. There are a number of things I like doing on hangover days (New Girl in bed is top of the list) but I can definitely say that having a bucket of ice cold water chucked over my head is not one of them. It did weirdly help my hangover but it was still awful. (If you want to donate, text ICED55 to 70070 or visit als.org/donate!)

Harriet's Tea Party
I'm sure that one day I will be able to go to a tea party and not drink wine, get very drunk and regret it in the morning but that is not what happened at Harriet's on Saturday. It was a joint house warming for her Mum and an early birthday celebration for Harriet so there was a mix of young and old, alcohol and tea, and an eye-watering variety of cakes. Alice and Harriet had me laughing for the whole evening, from very questionable conversation topics to misleading snapchats/tweets. The Wii dancing made my evening, even if I had to leave just as it started. I was, of course, paying for it this morning but I had such a great time, I'd say it was definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment