I moved back home from Swansea today. I spent the morning watching New Girl with Tom, having a final (traditional) lunch of dippers, waffles and "hashtag browns" then watched The Hobbit with him and Meryn until Mum and Lottie turned up. We spent the next 2 hours packing up my room, the car and driving around Sketty trying to find somewhere to get rid of all the black bags our house had accumulated (3-bin-bags-per-house does not work when there's 7 students living in one). I've come home, had a bath and started to write this blog post and it still doesn't feel like I've left, or that I'll only be going back to clean my room and hand my keys in.
A post about my room (like last year) and finishing second year (first year is here) is coming but right now, I'm just too sad/it feels too surreal to write about. I don't remember being this upset last year and it's really really sucky to know that I have to go 4 months without seeing some of the best people in the whole world. I think that is the biggest downside to University I've experienced so far.
My last few days in Swansea were great though. Monday was Summer Ball which was just such a great day (post coming soon!). Tuesday was on obvious write-off in terms of life so Tom and I monged out watching New Girl until the big house clean at 3pm. Despite truly showing us how disgusting our house is (poor Camp HOKAC) and the outside bins poisoning Tom, it only stopped being fun/bearable after 2 or so hours. As a reward for all of our hard work (and not at all because I wanted an excuse to stop cleaning), Meryn and I went to Steam to get everyone coffees/hot chocolates and then the fish&chip shop for some food. We even got two mini sausages for free! We all definitely earned it - that and the movie night we had later on. Wednesday didn't go like anyone had planned (Tom was ill all evening bless him) but we managed a 6 mile walk in the sun and even got free ice cream out of it! I have ended up with some terrible tan lines but they're not as bad as Tom's and hopefully I'll have Italy and Florida to sort them out...
Since thinking about the fact second year is already over (and that I have 4 months of not seeing everyone everyday) is really sad and horrible to think about, I'm going to focus on how great this summer is going to be and how great this last year has been. I honestly can't believe how lucky I am to be this happy and have this many great friends. I feel like I've been laughing non-stop for the last few months!


No comments:
Post a Comment