Pages

Monday, 24 February 2014

Swansea v Napoli

On Thursday evening, Tom, McPake, Anna, Samuel, Rag and I went to the Liberty Stadium to watch Swansea play Napoli. We walked to the rail station before we found a taxi that could take us to the stadium and surprisingly it only cost us less than a pound each to get there! We found our seats and settled in for the match (at least I did after I bought myself some match-snacks).

The game was actually really good! The Napoli supporters were great to see; three men stood in front of them (they're the block of people surrounded by yellow security staff/police officers in the above photo) and directed all of their songs/actions. We could clearly hear their songs even from the other side of the stadium. Unfortunately we could also hear the most annoying woman I've ever had the misfortune to sit in front of. It was a relief when she got stuck in the queue for coffee (we heard all about it when she got back) because it gave us some peace and quiet for a few minutes.

One thing I do want to remember about the night was how funny/worrying it was every time Anna spoke in Italian while we were sat down. We were worried she would cheer when Napoli scored and would somehow get hit or started on. When it seemed like the whole of the Swansea stands were angry with the Napoli goal keeper, Anna was speaking in Italian and I half expected some seriously annoyed fan to say something. I was torn between whispering to her and laughing at how funny it was. We did get some stinking looks as we left the stadium and she was on the phone with her cousin though. Probably an over-reaction on our part but still, so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment