Pages

Monday, 28 September 2015

Goodbye UK!

image
Today is my last day in the UK for 6 months and that right there is the most surreal sentence I've ever written on here/pretty much anywhere really because how is that a thing? How are we going to New Zealand for 6 months? How is the day to leave here already?!

Meryn is on her bus on the way to the airport (I can't believe I didn't ask her if she wanted a lift in time), and Tom and my Dad are packing his bike bag into the car. My backpack is all packed ready to go and the only thing left to do now is actually drive to the airport and get on the plane...

image
Our flight is at 22:50 but we'll be at the airport at least 5 hours before. Why are we choosing to spend 5+ hours in an airport? Well, it's because someone doesn't know if their bike bag will be accepted by the airline and so someone needs to be there with enough time to sort it out (mentioning no names of course). But it's like Tom (conveniently) says, it's better to be sat waiting in the airport than sat waiting in traffic!

imageimage
I have quadruple checked that I have everything I need but obviously I'm convinced I'm going to forget something. I've reached the point that as long as I arrive with my passport, my purse, and my visa, I can survive not having the rest. It's too stressful!

I'm also still completely clueless as to how to pack for 6 months of travel (or 6 months of anything really, I did multiple trips just to move to Swansea) so I have no idea if I've overpacked, under packed or just packed wrong. Oh well, we'll soon find out!

image
I've got about 50 books on my Kindle ready to read, I've downloaded about 15 podcasts ready to listen to, and I've bought a mini card version of Monopoly and Guess Who for the flight (very excited about these!). I'm hoping this will help with entertaining us on the flights... 22.5 hours of being bored out of my brain does not sound like fun. I'm also hoping I actually manage to sleep at some point as well. There's nothing worse than being awake while Mr-Can-Fall-Asleep-Anywhere is snoozing soundly away next to you.

I have no idea when the next time I will have internet will be but I'll be updating this as much as I can. Until then, it's time for us to leave.

See you in April, UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment