My first week as a Psychology Graduate, according to my coffee cups (because if there's coffee, I'm not far away).
A quick pit stop before I drove myself to Tom's last week. I love spending the weekend at his house. It would be the perfect escape - no phone signal, no shops, no neighbours, peace, quiet and farm noises - if it didn't involve a long lonely drive to get there. Thank god for podcasts! I've just finished Serial (SO SO SO GOOD) and it's taken me a while to try and find one that can replace it. I think I've succeeded with the QI podcasts: No Such Thing As A Fish. I love random facts plus intelligent but goofy conversation and this ticks all of those boxes. One episode and I've already learnt about sumo wrestlers, Abraham Lincoln, refereeing and blue whales. Loving this.
Oh I just got such a big burst of excitement because Tom's coming down tomorrow, and I caaaaaan't wait! This was taken Monday, the start of his three days here. We've been alternating like that for a few weeks now: Friday evening to Sunday evening at his, Sunday evening until Wednesday evening at mine, and Thursday and Friday apart. This coming week is a bit different, he left Wednesday afternoon and is coming back tomorrow. I would like to say that I don't suck at being away from my boyfriend for 2, or 3 1/2 days... buuuut I can't. I hate it. Something about living with him for three years, and being crazy in love or something like that.
Okay I just need to say for the record: INSIDE OUT IS THE BEST FILM I HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR OH MY GOD. The amount of times I whispered "This is my new favourite film" to Tom must have driven him insane. I was also the only person who laughed out loud (you could HEAR me) in a cinema screen filled with children. I also cried real tears. Like big fat, would-be-a-sobbing-if-I-wasn't-in-public tears. And the Lava short at the beginning?! Why would you do that to me Pixar??? Why?????
Two things: 1) Tom left an hour after this picture was taken which sucked. 2) You'll notice his cup is smaller than mine. We ordered two mediums but were both unwilling to complain when Tom was given a smaller one by mistake. "They were really nice though!" was Tom's excuse, and mine was I go there too often to want to insult them. I'm not sure much is going to get fixed by either of us hahaha!
Fun fact about Tom: He prefers Starbucks to Costa. His favourite place in Starbucks is next to the huge glass windows in the store in my local cinema, and he gets so excited to sit there/go there and hang out with me that it actually kills me.
Fun fact about me: My favourite place in Starbucks is next to Tom. (Actually my favourite place anywhere is next to Tom.)**
**Don't worry, I know exactly how cringey that is but I don't care because that's who I am now, sue me.
We fiiiiinally had some sunny weather yesterday so I put on one of my playsuits, spent 5 minutes in the sun pegging out the washing, and immediately wished I was back inside. (See Tom, I'm at least trying to like summer!) The rest of my sunshine exposure was a lot more manageable. I joined Dad on his afternoon of food shopping, and took a break in-between the shops to walk to Costa for a free coffee. Hellooooo points cards!
The only thing I love more than a cup of coffee....
A free one!






No comments:
Post a Comment