****

Tom and I spent our last evening in Swansea on the beach with Meryn, watching the sun dye the sky pink and orange and yellow, while we all decided that €1.50 wine wasn't worth more than the symbolic cork pop that is gave us. We set off sparklers, and talked about New Zealand. There was a mention or two about it being the last evening, the end, all of that; but really it was just us together, almost like any other night. Just us, the sea, the sunset, and wine that we were all struggling to drink.
****
It's weird - I'm not as sad as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, there have been moments when the full situation hits me and I can't breathe from how real and scary it is. But overall, and if I had to answer honestly and quickly? It's not as sad as I was expecting. Not as hard. It's exciting.
Oh man, is it exciting.
Every time I think about it, I can feel the excitement wash through me. It could not be more exciting to be on the brink of the rest of my life... The adventure really is about to begin and oh god, I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment