Pages

Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Freedom!

Photos from mine and Tom's trip to Cardiff to book exciting plans and celebrate finishing

I am currently on my second day of being bed-bound (although I'm hoping a shower will help be spend at least some of today out of bed) with my first stomach bug in three years of University. Obviously I would go 3 years without catching one of the most common illnesses and then get it right at the end of my time here. That's just the annoying way my life pans out apparently.

Before I became an energy-less mess, a lot of stuff happened. I am going to write up more about these things in their own blog posts but for now, I'm just going to bullet list them below. I'm feeling tired just typing this so I don't think 4 or 5 separate blog posts is something I would be able to manage right now.

So while you enjoy this list, I'm going to curl up with some homemade soup and Netflix and try and start feeling normal. Enjoy!

(I kind of wish I could insert a voice-thing here saying "Previously, on Clomofosho..." but yeah it would be more of a croak right now and I don't think the full effect would come across)
  • I got the result back from my final year project, and I got a first! I am beyond chuffed with that grade. Honestly. I had to double check the number at least 4 times. A first!! It turns out that the weeks of stressing were actually worth it! I mean, I really enjoyed the project on its own but I was expecting it to be more of a "I've enjoyed it so that's the main thing" kind of result but A FIRST. 
  • I've sat two exams: one was pretty crap, and the other was... alright? I hate exams and a month of nothing but revision was gross but they're done they're done!
  • Which leads me to the fact that I have officially finished my degree. Yeah. That happened. 3 years, all done. It hasn't sunk in yet and I'm kind of just ignoring it so right now it's less "holy crap" and more just a horrible wait for the 1st of July to get my results..... 
  • How did I celebrate freedom? Oh nothing big, just BOOKING A TICKET TO NEW ZEALAND! It's finally official! Visas applied for, tickets booked... me, Tom, and Meryn are officially going to New Zealand for 6 months. It doesn't quite feel real but I am so beyond excited for it! 
  • Tom has basically left forever by going to cycle in the Alps for a week and if anyone asks, we're not talking to him because he left and is missing Summer Ball so he should shut up. Also I did not expect to miss him quite this much and it's sort of throwing me off, especially since I'm ill and just want him here looking after me. So now we're doubly not talking to him. 
  • Me, Meryn, Anna, and Tom celebrated our last day as a four by celebratory drinks on campus, an afternoon at Rhossili, and some very very fancy drinks at a local bar. 
  • I went to a Silent Disco on Friday night with Leigh and some of our course friends and discovered my body is definitely not used to going out anymore. (I hate you third year!) BUT it was seriously fun to be on a night out with those girls. I've missed nights out with great company. WHY we left it till the end of third year for this combination to be a thing I'll never know. 
  • I finally watched Big Hero 6 with Rag this weekend and basically I love Baymax and want him in my life forever.
  • We followed that lovely movie experience with "It Follows" - a horror film that has basically instilled in me a deep fear of people slowly walking towards me. Not the best fear to acquire the day before attending an event with hundreds of other students who will all be using that common method of getting around but you know. Horror film + children's film is a tradition of me and Rag and you've got to do what you've got to do.
  • Summer Ball was yesterday and despite being ill, it was such a good day. Bloody great in fact. I can't believe it was my last University event? Argh it was just so good and I love all of the photos I have from the day. 
  • Summer Ball was also both the last time me, Meryn, and Anna were together as a three, and the last time I will be seeing Anna. Me and Meryn obviously forgot this and it wasn't until Anna dropped us back at mine that I realised I would have to say goodbye. I won't go into details (some moments don't need writing about to be remembered) but I'll just say that it was incredibly difficult to say goodbye, not knowing when we'll next see each other. 
  • Even though I'm not moving out properly for another week, I've slowly started to get my room ready for moving out. I've taken pictures of one of my walls and already regretted it. It looks so empty! I'm not looking forward to what my room will look like once everything is packed away... I'm sort of enjoying this whole process of permanently leaving feeling like it isn't happening and I don't think my empty, rearranged room is going to help that. 
I think that's most things! The rest of this week is going to be a mish mash of enjoying the last true bit of Uni freedom I'll ever have (did not like writing that) and the horrible task of finishing my goodbye/graduation presents for everyone. I know my life is only going to get better from here but I wouldn't mind being able to enjoy being a student for a little while longer. It just doesn't feel like it's been 3 whole years....

No comments:

Post a Comment