![]() |
| #TakenByVanVale |
Waking up in Anna's apartment on the first Saturday was such a great feeling. I'd missed the bed, the general atmosphere of the place, and that view. Tom stood at the window for at least 20/25 minutes some days just watching everything or looking out.
We spent one evening in Trani with Anna and her friends and it was nice to be able to recognise places from my last visit. (It made it a lot easier to pretend I actually was Italian/lived in Italy)
Us and Anna's friends, whose names Tom could not pronounce but still insisted on trying/pronouncing wrong anyway. Saying that though, I would have been so screwed conversation-wise without Tom there. Since humour does not translate well (especially mine and Tom's humour) and jokes are sort of what I rely on to make people like me, I was not feeling confident enough to try and make conversation all of the time. Thankfully though Tom was there to save the day. Despite only being able to list foods (obviously), he managed to make conversation no matter who we were with, which let me dip in and out with comments when I wanted to. I would have been so lost without him, especially since there was a few times that Anna wasn't there to save me either! It turns out that cycling, football and having shaved legs means he can talk to almost anyone...
![]() |
| I love this photo! |
The night we spent in Trani (and had absolutely insane burgers) was the night that Tom learnt the Italian for the word "dirty". What followed was not only an evening of him repeatedly saying "I like dirty/I like it dirty" but a whole holiday of it. He even started telling people they like [it] dirty, which obviously wasn't received well thanks to the humour-not-translating thing..
One of my favourite things about this visit was that the weather was warm enough to be able to spend time on Anna's balcony (not that that stopped us last time). We spent a couple of mornings on there, eating breakfast and drinking our coffees (well, I couldn't drink coffee but I had my water). One evening, Tom and I stood out on the balcony alternating between watching the sun set and the cars/people we could see from where we were. I think we only properly started talking once it had become dark, before then all that was said was little comments or cries of shock at the driving. It was so peaceful, and the view was so beautiful... I think this could be one of my absolute favourite moments of the trip.




No comments:
Post a Comment