- January saw the Coopers finally come second to last in the Wheatsheaf Quiz which resulted in us winning a bottle of Rosé for the first time ever!
- Anthony took me to visit the National History Museum in Cardiff for the first time (can't believe it took me this long to go!) and I made my first video about it.
- I visited New York for the second time with my school. I did a whole bunch of things this time round that I didn't last time:
- Rode on the subway (everywhere, and it's so much easier than public transport here)
- Rode on the Staten Island Ferry (and saw the New York skyline at night - amazing)
- Visited Central Park, the Museum of National History, Grand Central Station, Central Park Zoo, Ellis Island, Liberty Island, the Museum of Modern Art and the Brooklyn Bridge.
- I watched a basketball game in New Jersey (I supported both teams although I do own a souvenir cup for one of them).
- I went on my first ever graffiti tour.
- Anthony cycled 26 miles for charity (so proud!).
- I went to the cinema with my English class (which was definitely a first for me) and watched a live stream of the play She Stoops to Conquer. It was so cool to watch a play in the cinema, I would do it more but I don't tend to have spare £10's to spend on cinema tickets..
- I got my first tattoo on Friday 6th April at RocknRoller tattoo studio in Caldicot. So proud of myself for going through the 2 hours it took to get my dragon.
- Saw my cousin Daisy in her first dance show in April. Such a cute experience and she was so so funny!
- My sister finished Year 11 and sat her GCSE's (she got 4 C's, a B, an A, 2 D's, an E, a Merit and a Pass).
- I became part of the Prom Committee and successfully made a seating plan for 150+ people (and not one person was sat by someone they hated!)
- I finally finished the Haverfordwest video, 2 years after we actually went. This inspired me to create four more videos.
- My 7 years of education at Caldicot School ended this May and I left the school forever.
- This lead to Leavers Day (Anthony and I won best couple!) and Leavers Night. Our entire year (kind of) made it out to Chepstow and it remains one of the best nights out I've ever had.
- Anthony won Employee of the Month in May (he is yet to use the £50 voucher he was given).
- Sophie and I went to Newport to see the Olympic Torch.
- I went to my first ever street party in June with Anthony's family and I loved it. I wish we had an excuse to have street parties every year!
- I finished my A Levels and passed all three with A's. :)
- My sister had her Year 11 prom and looked absolutely beautiful in her dress.
- I took my sister to Alton Towers for her 16th birthday which also completed my end of a 3 year old bet with Anthony (whoever passed their driving test second had to drive the other to Alton Towers).
- My family and I visited the Warner Brother's Studio to see the Harry Potter Tour and it was incredible.
- I saw The All American Rejects and Blink 182 in concert.
- Our Year 13 prom was held in Cardiff in July and not only did I feel like a princess, I had the very weird but still hilarious experience of getting drunk and clubbing with my teachers.
- My Mum bought me a new bike as an early birthday present and Anthony and I spent the summer going on bike rides. This was the summer that I fell in love with the sunshine and the rewarding ache of knowing I had pushed myself to my limits. Who knew I could enjoy exercise?
- Anthony and I spent our one year anniversary in Paris. I wish I could explain how amazing it was to spend a weekend in the stunning city with him.
- We climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and admired the stunning views of Paris.
- We rode on the subway (not as enjoyable as New York but still so much better than here).
- We visited the Notre Dame, the National History Museum and the Lourve. Visiting the Nation History Museum resulted in me having my fourth "horned"picture in my fourth National History Museum in my fourth country. Proud!
- We visited the Love Lock bridge and locked our own padlock on there.
- Anthony and I celebrated a year of being together. :)
- My little sister turned 16 and left me feeling older than ever.
- Anthony and I spent a week in West Wales, first with my family then his. Spending time with his Dad and meeting his Grandad for the first time was so lovely.
- Anthony, Charlie, Joe, Luke, Emily and I went on holiday to Haverfordwest. It was a sweet way of ending our summer before University.
- I left my job at the Rugby Club.
- Mum and I went to see Michael McIntyre live and it was so funny, we cried with laughter multiple times.
- I turned 19 (and began my last year of being a teenager!).
- This is also when Anthony bought me a tiara because I am actually a princess.
- I moved to Swansea and began my University education. This was both the most terrifying and most exciting thing I have ever done.
- Freshers happened and it would take me a lot more than one bullet point to even try and explain how incredible those two weeks were.
- I joined the Archery club in University and discovered a passion I didn't even know I had.
- I spent Bonfire Night on the beach in Swansea with my flatmates. Seeing the fireworks explode in the sky and lighting up a beach full of bonfires and groups of students/families was something I hope I'll never forget.
- Anthony's mum ran the Cardiff half marathon.
- My flatmates and I led on the beach at 2 in the morning and watched a meteor shower. This was when I realised that there was absolutely nothing I could wish for because I had everything I wanted. Discovering how lucky I am on a starry beach was an unforgettable experience.
- I got my second tattoo (a tramp stamp!) on Wednesday 7th November in State of Art in Swansea.
- I finally saw The Tallest Man on Earth live in Bristol with Anthony. :)
- Me, Rag, Alex and McPake spent one afternoon building a fort of mattresses which me and McPake spent the rest of the afternoon in, playing scary games and GTA.
- Rag and McPake pulled a Halloween prank on me, filmed it and it got over 1000 views of YouTube.
- I got my marks back for three essays and an oral presentation and I received a 2:1 and three Firsts!
- I was awarded the Monica Jones Award for Welsh by my school.
- I decided to stop blogging from my first blog (Without change there would be no butterflies) and made this new one. :)
It's been an insanely busy year and so much has changed. I feel like a completely different person to the girl who started 2012 and I'm so excited to discover who I'll be this time next year.
I've had such an amazing year and as sad as I am to say goodbye, I am so excited to welcome in 2013. I hope you all have an amazing night and that the start of your year is as fantastic as it should be.
Happy New Year!






No comments:
Post a Comment